Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cooking Up Some Hotsos for 2011

Just got word that my proposed presentation "Brooks, Cooks and Response Time Scalability" has been accepted for the Hotsos Symposium, March 2011 in Dallas, Texas.
Hotsos is a great conference that is Oracle-related but not Oracle-sponsored. As the name implies, the focus is on the performance of Oracle databases and applications, but it's been my experience that attendees are very keen to know about performance techniques, not matter what their context.

Hotsos 2011 will give me an opportunity to expand on my Nov 2007 observation that the USL contains a representation of the mythical man-month. In other presentations I've always talked about characterizing throughput scalability, but this time I'll extend the USL to quantifying response-time scalability.

No comments: